Bread Fritters | Sweet Pakora | Quick & Easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A simple and interesting recipe quite similar to banana fritters. This can be used as a breakfast recipe too while you are left out with only breads.
Generally, eaten during breakfast or teatime snack. It is great as an appetizer and can be made for any occasion, prepared in just 5 minutes time. Recipe is adapted form the spicy pakora which is popular in the regions around North India.
What kind of bread to use?
You can use any variety of bread for this recipe like white, brown or sandwich bread or multigrain bread too. But I personally prefer white bread for this recipe.
How to make bread fritters | sweet pakora recipe?
Bread Fritters | Sweet Pakora | Quick and easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. An easy to do snack recipe using breads. Requires less ingredients at house and can be made in minutes. It is so simple that dip the bread pieces in the prepared batter and shallow fry them until it turns crisp. I would like to highlight some tips and suggestions. Firstly, the recipe uses cardamon powder for a pleasing aroma. It is completely optional to use cardamon. Secondly, be careful not to make the batter too thick or thin. To make it more sweet increase the amount of sugar. For the color to be more appealing, I added small amount of turmeric powder too. Finally make sure to fry the bread slices over a hot oil. Otherwise the bread can drink a lot of oil and make the dish soggy.
In addition, I would like to highlight our other trending sweet pudding recipes also. Hope you would love them.
Bread Fritters | Sweet PakoraCourse: Appetizers, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Bread Fritters | Sweet Pakora | Quick & Easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A simple and interesting recipe quite similar to banana fritters.
4 White Bread Slices
1/2 cup Maida
2 tbsp Rice Flour
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder(for color)
2 tbsp Sugar (use more if you like it to be more sweet)
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Water as required
3 tbsp Oil for Frying
- Firstly, take 4 bread slices and cut them into 2 equal halves.
- Now take a bowl or wide plate. Start adding in 1/2 cup maida, 2 tbsp rice flour, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and 1 tsp black sesame seeds.
- Mix them well and form a smooth thick batter by adding water little by little at a time.
- Once the batter is ready. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Dip the bread slices, coat them well in batter and fry them in hot oil. Make sure the oil is hot.
- Now fry both the sides, over a medium flame until it turns crisp.
- Drain off them from oil and serve hot.
- Make sure to fry the bread slices over a hot oil. Otherwise the bread can drink a lot of oil and make the dish soggy.