Black Chicken Soup Recipe | Karinkozhi Soup Recipe | with step by step photos & video. A healthy, nutrient-rich savory soup with a lot of medicinal values. It is equally suitable for all age groups.
Black chicken soup is a common Chinese ‘healing’ dish. Research suggests that black chicken may offer higher levels of iron and nutrients, compared to regular chicken. Also, the black chicken is rich in antioxidants. Sufficient intake of these antioxidants is beneficial to us as it fortifies the immunity, strengthens the muscles, and stabilizes the nervous system!
Black Chicken Soup Recipe | Karinkozhi Soup Recipe | with step by step photos & video. Black chicken has full of antioxidant that helps to keep your health, prevent sickness, and common colds. All the parts of this chicken will be black in color. Since the meat contains more proteins & low-fat content, it is good for people with heart problems.
Black Chicken Soup RecipeCourse: SoupCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
Black Chicken Soup Recipe | Karinkozhi Soup Recipe | with step by step photos & video. A healthy, nutrient-rich savory soup with a lot of medicinal values.
2 kg black chicken (cut with bone-in pieces)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bulb of garlic
5 to 6 sprigs of curry leaves
4L of water
salt as required
pepper powder as required
- For soup cut off the chicken into small pieces with skin & bone-in, excluding the liver part & nail parts.
- I am using a clay pot for this soup preparation. Add the bone-in pieces into the pot.
- Then add-in 1tsp black pepper, 1tsp coriander powder, 1tsp cumin seeds, 1 bulb garlic & 5-6 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Now add 4 L of water. Cover & boil the soup in high flame. Once the water starts to boil turn down the heat to low.
- Cook for about 1-2 hrs until the water is reduced to half (2L).
- Now, our soup is ready to be served.
- Transfer the hot soup to a serving bowl. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, while serving.