Beetroot Kichadi Recipe | Beetroot Salad | with step by step photos and video. An easy & simple beetroot kichadi recipe. This mildly sweet is a vibrant, healthy, and easy to make yogurt relish that is a must on Onam Sadya feast.
The dish is unique and special with grated beetroot cooked and blended with an aromatic coconut mixture and curd. Adding curd depends upon individual flavors as some want it tangier. Beets are rich and nutritious, very beneficial for your body. Beets are very good for growing up kids. An easy to prepare dish with limited ingredients.
Beetroots, commonly known as beets, are a popular root vegetable used in many cuisines around the world. Moreover, packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds, some of which have medicinal properties.
How to prepare Sadhya special Beetroot Kichadi?
Beetroot Kichadi Recipe | Beetroot Salad | with step by step photos and video. Super simple to make, tastes good, and is highly nutritious with a rich probiotic benefit. The beetroot kichadi (beetroot sauce) is a mix of coconut, spices, beetroot, and yogurt with hot chiles. In addition, they are a colorful attraction of Onam Sadya. This vibrant color makes the sadhya unique.
Furthermore, do checkout our other Onam sadhya recipes also.
Beetroot Kichadi RecipeCourse: Kichadi, SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Beetroot Kichadi Recipe | Beetroot Salad | with step by step photos and video. This mildly sweet is a vibrant, healthy, and easy to make yogurt relish that is a must on Onam Sadya feast.
1 big or 2 small Beetroots
1/2 to1 Green Chilli
1 cup Curd
1 cup Grated Coconut
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
Salt as required
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 to 2 dried Red Chillies
few Curry Leaves
- Firstly peel off the skin of beetroot & slice it to 4 to 5 pieces.
- Pressure cook the beetroot slices along with half a cup of water for 1 whistle over medium flame.
- Once done, grate and keep it aside.
- Let us prepare the masala for kichadi. For that add 1 cup of grated coconut, 1/ 4tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 1 green chili & salt as required in a mixie jar.
- Grind it to a coarse paste and then add 1 cup of thick curd to it. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Add this masala paste to the grated beetroot. Check for salt. Mix & combine everything well.
- Now let us prepare the tempering.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil & splutter ½ tsp mustard seeds. Then add 1 to 2 red chilies, some curry leaves to the tempering & roast it.
- Pour this hot tempering to the beetroot kichadi. Mix & serve it.
- Do not use too much of sour curd.