Beef Korma Curry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A spicy, rich and comforting curry made with coconut milk and cashew paste. This curry pairs well with our famous south Indian special breakfast recipes.
Just because a korma is full of flavour, it doesn’t mean that it is difficult to cook. The prep work for this beef korma is surprisingly simple. Once marinated, all you have to do is wait for the beef korma to simmer to the right taste and tenderness.
A perfect dish for warming you up on a rainy day, and don’t be afraid to make a big batch of it. You can always freeze the leftovers and have a quick and easy back-up dinner ready. If you enjoy Indian food as much as I do, you will love this beef korma.
How to make beef korma curry recipe?
Beef Korma Curry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. This recipe yields a creamy, rich and delicious taste. For the creamy and rich flavour, coconut milk and cashew paste is added. Firstly, beef is marinated with spices and then pressure cooked. Later then cooked beef is sauted in masala . Finally, coconut milk and cashew paste is added and mixed along with the cooked beef. The spiciness of this dish is adjusted by the Kashmiri chilli powder and green chilies. You can adjust the spiciness based on your taste.
In addition, I would like to highlight Kerala style beef roast and beef coconut fry recipes. Do check out our some of our chicken recipes also. Hope you would love them.
Beef Korma Curry RecipeCourse: CurryCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Beef Korma Curry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A spicy, rich and comforting curry made with coconut milk and cashew paste.
750 gms Beef (boneless or with bone)
1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 tsp Fennel Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 + 1/2 tsp Salt
2 Small Sized Onions
1/2″ inch Sized Ginger (Finely Chopped)
6 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
10 Shallots (Chopped)
2 tsp Ginger Crushed
2 tsp Garlic Crushed
2 Green Chillies Chopped
1 Small Tomato
1 cup Coconut Milk
2 to 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
1 tbsp Mint Leaves Finely Chopped
- Pressure Cook Beef
- Take 750 gms of cleaned beef and marinate it with 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 1 tbsp Coriander Powder, 1 tsp Pepper Powder, 1 tsp Fennel Powder, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder and 11/2 tsp salt.
- Mix well. Cover and marinate it for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the marinated beef in a pressure cooker along with 1 small sized onion(medium cut), 1/2″ inch Sized Ginger (Finely Chopped), 6 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped).
- Mix them well and pressure cook for one whistle at high flame and 10 minutes at low flame. (Pressure cooking time varies based on your pressure cooker).
- Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release.
- Making Beef Korma
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a kadai.
- Add 10 finely chopped shallots and saute until it starts to turn its color.
- Now add 2 tsp Ginger Crushed, 2 tsp Garlic Crushed, and 2 Green Chillies Chopped. Saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add 1 small onion finely sliced and 1/2 tsp salt. Saute until onion changes to golden color.
- Then add one small tomato finely chopped and saute until tomato turns mushy.
- Now add the cooked beef along with the water released from beef.
- Mix them well until beef is well coated with masala over a medium-high flame.
- Once it starts to boil, add 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and 1 tbsp mint leaves.
- Mix them well and add 1 cup coconut milk.(Read below to know how to make coconut milk)
- Combine and add 1/2 cup of cashew paste.(Read below to know how to make cashew paste)
- Mix them and switch off the flame. Beef korma is ready.
- Serve it along with rotis or any rice varieties of your choice.
- Preparing Coconut Milk
- Firstly, grind 3/4 cup grated coconut along with 1/2 cup water and extract the first milk. Then again, grind it using 1/2 cup water and extract the milk. Now mix the first and second extracted coconut milk. Add this to the curry.
- Preparing Cashew Paste
- Soak 10 cashews in 1/2 cup of water and grind it to a fine paste.
- Pressure cooking time varies based on your pressure cooker)
- Adjust the spiciness based on your taste.