Basmati Rice in pressure Cooker | How to avoid sticky rice | with step by step photos and video. A fail-proof recipe to make perfect rice using the instant pot pressure cooker. Recipe yields a perfect texture rice for fried rice, pulao and ghee rice.
Following easy tips and tricks, enjoy soft and fluffy rice in just a little over 30 minutes! This recipe works great for most long-grain white rice
How to get consistent results everytime?
Stick to a quality product, same brand. This give opportunity to fine tune and hook to a ratio. So, try various products and find out which one you like in terms of how white it turns, how flavourful it is. Stick to it and adjust water ratio (pressure cooker method) or the percentage of cooking (open pot boiling method) to fix one.
What is Basmati rice?
Basmati, literally means ‘fragrant’, is a long grain rice variety grown in the foothills of the Himalayas. When cooked, basmati rice grains turn light and fluffy, release a floral aroma.
There are 2 ways of cooking basmati rice in a pot:
- Boiling method – rice is cooked is ample amount of water. Once the rice grains are cooked, the water is discarded.
- Absorption method – rice is cooked in a precise amount of water.
In this post, we are sharing the absorption method of cooking basmati rice. The rice is cooked until the grains are soft and fluffy.
How to cook basmati rice in pressure cooker without any foul?
Basmati Rice in pressure Cooker | How to avoid sticky rice | with step by step photos and video. No more uncooked, burnt, or mushy rice. Moreover, this recipe has been tested for 3 to 4 times in different types of cooker. Firstly, use quality rice. Do not soak the rice for more than 15 to 20 minutes before cooking. In normal cases the ratio of rice to water is 1 : 2. Here, for cooking pre soaked rice in a cooker, the Rice:water ratio is 1:11/2.
Additionally, I would like to highlight some of our trending rice varieties like: mutton pulao, king fish dum biryani , and pork biryani. Hope you would like them.
Basmati Rice in pressure CookerCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Basmati Rice in pressure Cooker | How to avoid sticky rice | with step by step photos and video. A fail-proof recipe to make perfect rice using the instant pot pressure cooker.
2 cups of Basmati Rice
3 cups of Water
11/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Oil
2 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- Prepping And Soaking Basmati Rice
- Take 2 cups of basmati rice in a bowl.
- Begin to rinse the rice grains in running water. Rinse the rice with a gentle swirling of your fingers in the bowl.
- The rice has to be rinsed till the water becomes clear, transparent and without starch.
- Then soak the rice in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, strain the rice very well and keep aside.
- Cooking Basmati Rice
- Take a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water, 11/2 tsp salt or salt as required, 2 tsp oil and 2 tsp lemon juice. Adding lemon juice is completely optional.
- Mix and add the strained rice.
- Mix and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook the rice for 1 whistle over a medium- high flame. Once you hear the whistle sound switch off the flame and remove the cooker from stove top.
- Wait for the pressure to release. Once the pressure is released, open the cooker immediately.
- You can see that the rice is perfectly cooked and not sticked to the bottom of the cooker.
- Now allow the rice to cool off completely.
- Upon cooling, use it for making other rice varieties. Or serve these perfectly cooked rice grains with your favorite curry or dal.
- Use good quality rice.
- Do not soak the rice for more than 20 minutes.